Our Price Match Guarantee
our promise to guests:
We compare prices on over 20,000 items, so you'll find more on your list for less.
To help you save even more, we accept manufacturer's coupons. We happily accept one manufacturer's and one Target coupon per item. View our Store Coupon policy.
We organize our stores to make great deals easy to find.
One-stop shopping saves you time, money and all that driving around.
We would never ask you to compromise quality for low prices.
price match guarantee
If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then we’ll match the price if you find the identical item for less in the current or following week’s Target flyer or any competitor’s local printed flyer. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.
price match guarantee: the details
The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, colour, quantity and model number.
A printed copy of the competitor’s flyer must be provided to Guest Services (no photocopies or flyers printed from online).
The competitor’s price and flyer must be valid at the time the price match is requested
Competitor catalogues can be matched as long as the catalogue displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the competitor’s print ad.
We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
price match guarantee: exclusions
Prices from other Target stores, including Target US and CityTarget.
Online prices, including Target.com and competitor websites.
Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off.
Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
Free product promotions, buy one, get one, bundled offers, or special purchases if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.
Competitor coupon-required, including mobile coupons.
Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
Sales tax promotions.
Offers that include financing.
Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
Black Friday and Boxing Day ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items).
Pricing or typographical errors.
Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
Product services (warranties, service plans, assembly, etc.).
Display merchandise, used or previously owned items.
Damaged product or opened packaging.
Target Mobile offers, including Contract cell phone plans and devices.
All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes. Target may modify these terms at any time.
what do you mean by local retail competitors?
This refers to retail stores located within the same market area as a particular Target store. Examples of a market area can be a city, a metropolitan area or a specific rural region.
what qualifies as proof of a price?
Please show us the entire printed advertisement. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of a competitor’s printed ad.
can I use a coupon when price matching?
A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target's normal coupon policy. When the guest presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:
Manufacturer coupons: Manufacturer coupons: manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
Target coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's
Combining both Target and manufacturer coupons: the Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
Reminder: we accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitor’s coupon-required offers.
We happily accept one manufacturer's and one Target coupon per item. View our Store Coupon policy.
Target® Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below. These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (checkout coupons, internet coupons, mailed coupons, coupons from newspapers and magazines, etc.).
- Coupons must be presented at checkout and before your transaction is completed.
- Each coupon is reviewed at checkout to ensure compliance with these guidelines.
Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
- Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
- Limit of four identical coupons per household, per day, unless otherwise noted on the coupon.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, colour, flavour, etc.).
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
- Coupons can be redeemed against an item for which a guest holds a valid rain check, unless coupon has expired.
- Target only accepts coupons that are valid in Canada.
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) Coupons:
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one BOGO coupon requires that two valid items be presented at checkout. The full retail price of one item will be charged to the guest and the second item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed toward the purchase price of the first item.
- If any Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item.
- If any manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
- Returns of items purchased using manufacturer coupons as a form of payment may receive coupon amount returned in the form of a Target GiftCard.
- Excessive returns of items purchased with coupons may be denied.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law, or appear altered in any way.
- We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- Some items may not be available at all stores.
- We do not accept mobile coupons.
- We do not accept mail-in rebate coupons.
- We do not accept expired coupons.
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.