Target® is a Fortune 50 company employing about 355,000 team members in 1,755 stores in the U.S. In addition, Target donates more than $3 million every week to the communities we serve. In 2010, Target team members volunteered more than 430,000 hours to charitable organizations.
As the second largest discount retailer in the U.S., we serve more than 30 million guests each week. Our guests are well educated, savvy and value conscious, with a median annual income of $65,000 and a median age of 40. They love Target for its Expect More. Pay Less.® brand promise, for offering amazing designers at unthinkable prices, and for competitive prices on every transaction.
Expect More. Pay Less.® drives our retail strategy every day. The four pillars are:
- differentiation – trend right merchandise and innovative packaging
- reliability – what our guests want, when they want it, at the lowest possible price
- frequency – first choice for our guests wants and needs
- value – a balance of quality, design and affordability
Target offers convenient one-stop shopping across many categories including food, home, household essentials, electronics, toys, apparel and accessories. We offer a differentiated shopping experience with clean and clutter-free merchandising, bright lighting and exceptional guest service.
Target Canada Co.® is guest focused. We are most successful when we focus on fulfilling the guest’s wants and needs, and when we look first to the guest’s perspective to drive our strategies and decisions. As a potential merchandise vendor we ask you to share this guest focus by:
- focusing on selling through to our guest, not simply selling in to Target
- building business partnership by maintaining confidentiality and demonstrating accountability
- bringing your best ideas for our guests
our promise to you: Expect More. Pay Less.®